A short lease agreement, also known as a month-to-month lease or a month-to-month rental agreement, is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions of a rental agreement between a landlord and a tenant. This type of lease is typically used for a rental period of one month, with the option to extend or terminate the agreement at the end of each month. If you`re a landlord looking to lease out a property on a short-term basis, or a tenant in search of a temporary living arrangement, a sample short lease agreement can be a helpful starting point.
When drafting a short lease agreement, it`s important to include essential details such as the names and contact information of the landlord and tenant, the rental property address, the rental amount, the payment due date, the security deposit amount, and the length of the lease. Other important provisions to consider including in your short lease agreement include:
– Utilities: Who is responsible for paying for utilities such as water, electricity, gas, and trash removal? Make sure to clearly spell out which party is responsible for each utility in the lease agreement.
– Maintenance and repairs: Who is responsible for maintaining and repairing the rental property? Will the landlord or the tenant be responsible for fixing any damages or issues that arise during the tenancy?
– Late fees: What happens if the rent is paid late? It`s important to include a provision that outlines any late fees or penalties for missed payments.
– Subleasing: Can the tenant sublease the rental property to someone else? If so, under what conditions?
– Termination: How can the landlord or tenant terminate the lease? Make sure to include any notice requirements or conditions that must be met before either party can end the lease.
Overall, a short lease agreement should be concise, clear, and easy to understand for both the landlord and tenant. By using a sample short lease agreement as a starting point, you can ensure that you include all the necessary details and provisions to protect both parties and make the rental experience a positive one. As a professional, I recommend including relevant keywords such as “short lease agreement”, “month-to-month rental agreement”, and “rental property” throughout the article to make it more visible to search engines and attract potential readers.